Why You Need An Android Tablet!
With all of this fuss about Tablets I thought it was time that we looked at…
If you’re wondering which cool Android tablet I’m featuring in the following blog, it’s the Eximus 7 Inch Android Tablet, but more on that later…
Why A Tablet?
Laptops and netbooks aren’t dead, yet. These guys, especially laptops, give you the power and platform to actually get on with work and multitask numerous memory-hungry programs whilst on the move. But to say that if you had a laptop or netbook so you’d never need a tablet would be wide of the mark these days! Tablets are ideal for today’s internet-driven world where our lives are increasingly arranged online. They are the ideal portal to on-the-move web browsing, email checking and social media status updating.
Size – Tablets are smaller than netbooks and laptops, but larger than smartphones. Therefore they occupy an area which makes them very portable, yet with large enough screens to watch videos and browse the web without risking eyestrain. They typically feature screens from 5″ up to the iPad’s beefy 9.7.” Personally I’ve always been a critic of the iPad’s size as it’s my personal belief that it’s a little unwieldy and too ‘square’ to put in your bag or handbag. I feel a 7″ screen is the best all-round solution due to their ‘handy’ size.
Style – Lets face it, we don’t only buy gadgets for their functionality anymore. The ‘wow factor’ is also important and, believe me, there’s no hotter gadget than an Android tablet today! I think there’s something quite seductive about holding such a substantial, solid slate and swishing through your apps and videos with just the flick of your wrist…
The cool thing is that it’s big enough for you to pull out and ‘share’ with friends too. Hence your tablet will draw attention to you and (could) make you more popular with the opposite sex! Better start practicing your chat up lines now guys…
Let’s look at some of the main reasons WHY Android is so cool:
- Multitasking – long the preserve of women, now Android has got in on the task! Basically Android allows you, like with a pc, to have your apps open and running in the background whilst you do other things. This means that you could listen to tunes, receive mail and be downloading stuff without keeping any of these apps ‘open.’
- Customisation – Android is very customisable. From your home screen all the way to the version of Android that you’re running, everything can be tuned, tweaked and updated. The home screen is good, because like in windows you can place whichever ‘widgets’ there that you like. these act as shortcuts to your favourite apps. Android is open source, so anyone can use it for free. Therefore there are many new versions popping up. Don’t like yours? Download and install a different ‘flavour’ which may be more to your liking!
- Android Marketplace – This is particularly cool. Anyone can make apps for Android and they’re not censored and cherry picked like with Apple’s app store, so if you want an app you’ll be sure to find exactly what you’re looking for here!
- Social Network And Google Integration – Android is Google’s baby and it will link directly with your Google account. Why is this cool? Your Gmail account can be automatically synched with your phone giving you email immediately. Pictures that you take can be instantly uploaded to Flickr and your device can even be linked to your Facebook account to allow posts, pictures and contacts to be shared in real time.
- Android Is Compatible With So Much Hardware – Because Android is open source any manufacturer can use it. This allows you to choose whichever device, be it tablet or smartphone, suits your needs and budget. Let’s look at it another way; if you want an Apple tablet you’ve got to have an iPad. Don’t want an iPad? Tough.
So if you want a cool tablet that you can upgrade and customise to your heart’s content (and why wouldn’t you?) then it’s simply got to be an Android tablet!
Not sure which one is for you? Say hello to your next tablet, the Eximus – Android 2.1 Tablet with 7 Inch Touchscreen and WiFi [CVAK-PC08]