The Story Of A Chinavasion World-Exclusive, The LePhone
The Lenovo LePhone. China’s flagship Android smart phone has come to Chinavasion. This excellent smart phone experience is only available in China, until now…
A World First From Chinavasion
How often is it that you can be the first to get your hands on a new technology unless you actually work for a company like Microsoft or Vodafone for example? Almost never, right? Well, with Chinavasion and the LePhone, 2010 is the year that you shall finally go to the ball!
When Lenovo’s groundbreaking Lephone was launched at the 2010 CES conference many were disappointed that it would only be available in China. However China tech giant Lenovo is working together with unlocked Android leader Chinavasion to bring out the phone to everybody in the West for the very first time.
Raising The Bar For Android Phones
Following its launch earlier in 2010, Gizmodo, Engadget and tech journalists from many other top sites were dismayed to discover that the LePhone would only be available in China, and asked if it would ever be available in the Western world.
Lenovo said no.
But why did this unlocked Android phone cause such a stir?
- Unlocked Android Phone That You Can Use In Any Country
- Genuine Lenovo LePhone
- 1GHz CPU (Snapdragon)
- Large 3.7 inch AMOLED Capacitative Touchscreen
- 3MP Autofocus Camera
- Free 8GB SanDisk MicroSD Card
- Bundled With Hundreds of free apps!
- WiFi For Free Internet
- Key Apps Such As Android Marketplace, Youtube, Gmail, Google Maps And Many More Are Ready-To-Use As Soon As You Power Up The LePhone For The First Time
- 8+ GB Storage Space For All Of Your Movies, Music And eBooks
- Built In File Manager, Download Manager And Task Manager
- Built In GPS Receiver
- 3.5mm Jack (For Your Usual Headphones)
The Great Leap Forward
According to Rose Li, Chinavasion’s PR Manager, “Chinese companies are best known for their cheap mobiles, even though the vast majority of the ‘big-name’ smart phones are actually made in China.”
She went on to say, “The LePhone will show people worldwide that a smart phone doesn’t need to have a Western-recognised brand name to be an excellent product, and people will find a phone that looks great, feels great to hold and is extremely intuitive to use and could stand easily alongside the Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Droid, HTC Desire and Apple iPhone as a true smartphone.”
Rose Li closed by saying that, “The future of Chinese smart phones is in very good hands if the Lenovo Le phone is any indication.”
The LePhone has been really well received in the press so far:
- Mobilewhack called it, “a fully realized competitor for the iPhone” in their blog Lenovo LePhone Cell Phone Review–What The Nexus One Might Have Been on 29/9/10.
- Engadget Spain also liked it, see their blog which you can find here.
- Gearlog also picked up on the buzz and launched a blog sharing the good news of Chinavasion’s flagship phone with everyone.
- The news made it as far as India where AndroidOS.in blogged excitedly about the launch.
- localtechwire in the USA also seized upon the news in this blog.
- The launch even attracted attention in the world of stocks and shares, with StreetInsider.com passing on the Chinavasion press release to their readers.
- TMCnet.com were impressed that “Unlocked Android phone supplier Chinavasion is bringing China tech to the rest of the world this week with the global release of the Lenovo LePhone an Android superphone previously only available in China.” Read what they had to say here.
I was also lucky enough to live with the LePhone for a couple of weeks in order to write a review of it. You can see what I had to say in my LePhone review blogs. You can click here for Part 1 and here for Part 2.