How To Adjust Screen Color in Android N Developer Preview
A few blogs back, we talked about how to get Android N Developer Preview version onto your Nexus devices – just in case you’ve missed it, you can get the blog here –How To Install Android N Developer Preview.
In this post, we take a step further into exploring the new operating system – this time, checking out how you can make small customizations to it.
The new Android operating system – Android N – comes with an interesting little update – screen calibration, according to an article in AndroidCentral. While it’s still uncertain whether the new update will stick, it’s still worthwhile spending some time exploring it – as long as it’s there.
Here’s How To Adjust Screen Color in Android N
- In the System UI Tuner has a new category – called Color and Appearance. Under it, you can find Night Mode and an option to Calibrate Display.
- Once you tap on Calibrate Display, you will see a new screen pop up with three differently-colored bars: Red, Green and Blue.
- All the bars on the screen will be automatically “full”. So, you will need to pull down the bar on the two colors, rather than pull up the bar on the one color you want to be presented more. Let’s say, you want to get more red in your screen – then, instead of trying to pull the red bar up, simply pull down the green and blue bars.
- You will need to hit Apply before you actually see any changes on the screen – so, you won’t be able to track them live.
- Despite certain drawbacks, the feature is now quite popular with those who have tried it out. If you have the Android N Developer Preview, go right ahead and check it out. Don’t forget to send some feedback to Android. And us =)