Make Video Calls And Group Video Calls On WhatsApp
Nope, WhatsApp has not officially added this very awaited feature – alas! So, technically, you can still only make voice calls when using the app itself.
However, who said that you can’t add on extra functionality with some outside help? As strange as it may be in this scenario – there is an app that can enhance your WhatsApp – and it’s called (quite appropriately, we might add) Booyah.
This free extension lets you make video calls using WhatsApp – and, what’s more, even make group video calls.
As we have mentioned already, the app is free. It’s available for both platforms: Android and iOS and is very simple to work with. Just in case, here’s a guide.
How To Make Video Calls on WhatsApp
- First things first. Head over to the Play Store or App Store and get the free app. Booyah’s the name.
- Once installed, start up the app.
- Here come access permission requests. Nothing suspicious here. Quite logically, the app will ask for access to your WhatsApp contacts, photos and other media files, camera, microphone and network access.
- After approving all these access requests, you will be able to call any of your WhatsApp contacts right from the app – video call.
- When the app is open, you will see three symbols at the top: one for hanging up, one for adding people to the video chat and one for flipping the camera view. If you are using the app for the first time, simply follow the prompts on the screen.
- Click on the green icon for inviting people to chat. The person you have invited will then receive a link to click on to join the video conversation.
- Tap the red icon to hang up when the conversation is over.
Note: if you close the app during the call, your video will freeze but the call itself will keep going. So , don’t forget to hang up.
Ah, yes! Group calls. Simply tap again on the “add people” icon – and enjoy the conversation with as many participants as you want.
Want to learn more? Check out lots of cool How To Guides here!