How To Record Phone Calls On A Smartphone
There are a variety of reasons why you might want to record a phone call on your smartphone – and you should be able to do that relatively easy. While some models come with all the necessary functionality built in (like iPhone 6S and Samsung Galaxy S6), others may require some extra work or the addition of a simple call recorder app.
In this post, we look at how to enable the call recording features for any Android and iOS phone.
Note: Before proceeding with any call recording, make sure that your country and state legally allow the action. The legislation on the issue is different from region to region and some countries may require the consent of both parties when making phone conversation recordings.
Record Phone Calls On An Android Smartphone
With most Android phones, in order to enable call recordings, you will need to download a call recorder app. There are a few to try: Automatic Call Recorder, Another Call Recorder, Total Recall and others. Some of the apps are free, while others offer packages at a price. Whichever app you choose, what happens next is pretty much straightforward.
- Go to Google Play Store and get the call recording app you want.
- Download and install the call recording app on your phone, then launch it.
- Start a call.
- The app will automatically start recording the call and stop once the conversation is over.
- Then, return to the app, choose the needed conversation and listen away.
Record Phone Calls On An iPhone Smartphone
Just as with Android devices, you will also need to get a third-party app from the App Store. TapeACall Lite is a good option (according to PCAdvisor) that let you try out the service for free – even though you will be promptly asked to pay for the full version – Lite only lets you listen to 60 seconds of a phone call.
Other than that, it’s pretty much the same thing:
- Go to the App Store and get the call recording app.
- Download, install and then launch.
- Activate the app: enter your phone number and then insert the code that you’ve been sent.
- You may also want to go through some setting adjustments and watch a few tutorials
- Start up the app and hit Record.
- Tap “Add Call” and dial the needed number/select from Contacts.
- Once your call’s been answered, press “Merge Calls” – the recording will start.
- Once the recording is complete, head back to the app, press Play – all of your conversations will be there.
Looking for an Android phone? Check them out here.