Are you making these Mistakes in B2B Marketing?
Before getting to the topic, considering we might have some new entrepreneurs or learners here, I would like to throw some light on what basically B2B Marketing is.
B2B Marketing is Business-to-Business marketing. In these cases the buyer and seller are both business houses. We can consider wholesalers, assemblers and other who need raw material in bulk. Business houses with such requirements are called B2B and marketing done to attract them is called B2B marketing. May be this is the reason why such business houses failed to give the better light upon marketing.
B2B business has been a pretty complicated, despite the fact that the marketing strategies they follow remain unchanged for a long period. However, with changing time, the policies and the strategies are finding a new way. B2B businesses are getting inclined towards the ERP and CRM and to a lot extent have accepted it. Though still a bigger vision highlights some major mistakes that are done in B2B marketing. These mistakes are primarily on the marketing concern, let us have a look at them and see what are they below:
- A Personalized Platform like Website: The Internet is the need of the era. People are very much attached to the web world and in such a society, few of our Indian B2B businesses are still away from the online marketing. The nil or negligible online presence can harm the business in the long run. Let us accept, it isn’t just the teenagers, but the business houses too, who have reserved their plot in this web society.
- You Have but Just for the Sake: Let us say, I took a piece of paper and penned down my name, address, designation, email id and other details; will you call it my visiting card? Or rather how will you judge me on the basis of it? This is yet another mistake, some of the B2B businesses are simply having a website, but without any Meta tags, no fulfillment of Google guidelines, etc. If search engines can’t find you, even your clients won’t be able to.
- Detailing: Your clients visiting your website don’t just need to have your product or service details, though they came to it. A website is your impression and the greater the transparency with detailing; the more your chances to succeed. This won’t just create an impression, but will keep your visitors engaged with you. Create a live chat option for a quick solution method or an instant assistance option for personalized attention. This undoubtedly will impress them.
- This is 21st century: We still have B2B businesses that believe and rely upon the mouth to mouth publicity. Believe me my entrepreneur friends, people are busy like you and they really don’t have time to do the marketing for you. Let us suppose we find one, I guess one in a hundred. Will this help you attain the target you established your business for?
- Digital Marketing: Linked to my last point, I would further provide the solution by mentioning digital marketing ways like Indiamart and TradeIndia. Have a paid profile and concentrate upon your website’s SEO. Investment in necessary and more important in pushing it in the right direction since everyone who Is visiting the site must not be a customer. So it should be done properly and in the right direction.
About the Author:
Sonal Maheshwari loves pursuing excellence through writing and has a passion for technology. She has successfully managed and run personal technology magazines and websites. She currently writes for intellipaat.com, a global training company that provides e-learning and professional certification training.
The courses offered by Intellipaat address the unique needs of working professionals. She is based out of Pune and has an experience of 6 years in the field of content writing and blogging. Her work has been published on various sites related to Big Data, Project Management, Digital Marketing and more.