Turn Your Smartphone Into A YouTube Remote For Your PC
YouTube is a lifesaver when it comes to express entertainment. Whether it’s sharing a few laughs with friends or catching a break at the office, YouTube offers a great escape from the mundane and into the exciting, funny or even terrifying.
But did you know that you could make your YouTube watching experience even better?
With a few simple steps, you can turn your mobile phone into a YouTube remote control for your PC and watch your favourite videos like a boss. The best part about it: no complex installations, investing in new gadgets or getting through convoluted instructions – it can all be accomplished in 7 easy steps.
So, let’s get to it.
- Go to YouTube.com/tv
- Once there, you feel see the familiar three dots on the left-hand side. Click on them and get into Settings. From there, go to Pair Device
3. You will then see a window prompting you to the next steps:
- Connecting your smartphone to the same network, or
- Visiting youtube.com/pair and entering the code on the screen
4. If both of your devices (computer and phone) are on the same network, you can then open the YouTube app on your phone and press Cast.
5. If, for some reason, that does not get things going – click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your YouTube smartphone app and go to Settings>Connected TVs>Add a TV
6.On the next screen, you will need the pairing code you saw on the screen above. Enter it and click on the Add
7.Once the process has completed successfully, a window should appear confirming that the two devices have now been paired.
There you have it. You can now sit back in your armchair, relax and control what happens on your PC screen while watching YouTibe videos.
Surely, there are ways to get this done. You could always download an app, like YouTube Remote Control and others, or get involved in a few bigger tweaks to let your Android phone control even more on your PC. However, as we have mentioned earlier, this one is the quickest and most hassle-free fix for getting a mobile control for your YouTube.