How to Enable the Hidden Number Row in Google Keyboard
The latest Google Keyboard app update allows users to add an extra number row to keyboard. Great feature, but it’s a bit tricky.
First things first, you’re going to need the latest Google keyboard installed on your device, so if you haven’t already, go download it from Google Play. Once it’s set up, follow the steps below.
- Open Settings
- Open Language & Keyboard menu
- Click on Google Keyboard
- Tap Appearance & Layouts, then Customized Input Styles
- Hit the Plus (+) button, untick Use System Language and select your language.
- From the Layout drop down menu, choose PC.
- Tap the Enable/Add button, then mark your new layout as an Active Input Method.
Now you’ve set up the new layout, all that’s left to do is tap the globe icon the next time you use your keyboard to enable the number row. [via androidgeeksblog]