How To Copy Apps From Your Old Phone To A New One With Android Lollipop
Android Lollipop comes with a number of cool features. One of them being the ability to easily do a data transfer from your old phone onto a new one.
So as of Android Lollipop, you will no longer have to go through manually setting up your new phone – which is a great time-saver.
One way to do that is by choosing the Tap & Go feature.The name is a basic description of the process itself – all you’ll have to do is tap and go. If both of your devices have NFC, then this is how you go about using the feature:
- Turn on both devices, make sure they are unlocked and are in close proximity to each other.
- Once you new device is connected to Wi-Fi you will be automatically offered the option to choose the Tap & Go feature.
- Put the two devices back to back and you will hear a beep – that means the process has started.
- As the process is launched, you can put the two phones side by side and at some point you will have to enter your Google Account information.
- As you watch your new phone’s screen, you will soon notice an array of gray inactive icons on it, that will regain colour and functionality as they fully download one by one.
- Depending on how many apps you have, the process may take some time. But once it’s done – it’s done. And all you had to do is tap the two phones together and go!
The second option for restoring you old phone’s data onto your new phone does not involve NFC. So to use the second option, go ahead and skip Tap & Go.
You will be asked to choose a device you want to restore (from the ones backed up on your Google servers). You will also be able to choose what particular apps you want to copy. So, let’s say, if you want to copy only 20 apps out of 50 that you have, this will actually be a more suitable option than Tap & Go. So enter your Gmail address and password, choose the device you want to select from and the process will start.
Note: Your old device must be backed up on Google Servers. For that go to Settings>Backup and Reset and switch on “Back Up My Data”.
Read on for more features of Android Lollipop.