How To Sync iTunes Library To Your Android Phone
Whether you have recently switched from an iPhone to an Android device or simply prefer to use iTunes as your default music library on your desktop – there may come a time in your life when you would want to do the impossible: sync your Apple software with an Android phone. Luckily, it’s not impossible at all and multiple options are available to make them work together. Here are two easy options to sync your iTunes library to your Android phone.
Option One: Via Google Play Music
(If you are not yet using Google Play Music on your phone, you’ll need to download it first).
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone and install it on your device, as well as the Google Play Music Manager for your laptop (whether it’s a Mac or PC.
- Next, you’ll need to sync your iTunes to your Google Play Music account. Open Google Play Manager on your desktop and select the “Upload” tab. From here you can simply sync your entire iTunes library to Google Play Music or choose specific playlists. In total, you can sync up to 20,000 songs free of charge. Don’t worry about syncing your entire iTunes library as well, as Google Play Music Manager will not automatically copy the files to your phone. So you will have the time to go through the selecting process later.
- Go back to your phone. Open Google Play Music, select “All Music” from the menu at the top and “My Library” or “Playlists” from the side menu. Here you will see all the music currently in your Google Play Music Library. Now, if you are OK with only listening to music when online – you can stop here.
- If you want to save music on your device for offline listening, there is one more step to take. Simply select a track, album or playlist you are interested in and press “Keep on Device” button.
Option 2: Via iSyncr App
As you may have guessed, iSyncr is an app that specifically caters to the issue of syncing your iTunes media to an Android device. So if you don’t feel like going through with option one, for only $4.99, iSyncr will do the dirty work for you. Here’s how it works:
- Download iSyncr app onto your Android phone via Google Play or Amazon Store. Once you do that, iSyncr will offer to send you a link (via email), so that you can download the desktop version as well. Do that.
- Once you open the application on your phone, it will offer you to sync via USB or Wi-Fi. Choose the USB option to go through a tutorial. Note: iSyncr must be open on your device for a USB connection.
- Once all the installations are done and when your phone is connected to your desktop via USB, create an MTP connection (media device).
- Right click on the “S” icon to open iSyncr on your desktop and select your phone. iSyncr Desktop will allow you to sync to the SD card or internal storage if the storage is able to be identified.
- From here on, you are free to select albums, playlists, podcasts and more. All the files will be available on your phone within a couple of minutes.
You can click to view more How To Guides.