Samsung Galaxy S4 Catches Fire and Melts Under Pillow of Teenage Girl

Author James Mash 8.8.2014. | 14:57

Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphones users, be alert, don’t place your Galaxy S4 smartphone in the bed and sleep, as many problems arising like Galaxy S4 catching fire and melting down, and this incident happened recently in Texas.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Catches Fire and Melts Under Pillow of Teenage Girl -1

A teenager Ariel Tollfree was sleeping as usual with placing her Samsung Galaxy S4 underneath her pillow, but she woke up when she smelled something burning. It was her Samsung Galaxy S4 which caught fire and began to melt down.

”The whole phone melted,” Ariel’s dad, Thomas, told local media, “The plastic, the glass. You can’t even really tell that it was a phone.”

Samsung Galaxy S4 Catches Fire and Melts Under Pillow of Teenage Girl -2

That is actually terrifying.

A spokesperson for Samsung told the local media that the battery inside the phone was a replacement unit and not an original Samsung battery. What’s more, Samsung’s warning specifically states that covering a phone with bedding can restrict airflow, and cause a fire or explosion, though some consumers are unaware of this risk.

Nevertheless, The company has requested that Ariel return the S4’s charred remains for investigation and offered to replace the phone and the ruined bedding.

(more info: KDFW)

Author James Mash 8.8.2014. | 14:57
Write a comment

2 Comments

  1. ddutton11 August 13, 00:34

    “Duh” Read the directions!

  2. José Carlos Navarro R. August 15, 12:46

    Yo tengo uno de esos móviles y se calienta cuando esta en el bolsillo del pantalón. Si lo llevo en la mochila calienta fuera de lo normal. Comparado con otros dos teléfonos.

View comments

Write a comment

Leave a Reply

Watch latest gadget videos

Chinavasion Video


action cam

Add Chinavasion on Google+

Add Chinavasion on Facebook

Archive