You May Not Need a Voltage Converter When Traveling Overseas

Author Dragan Berak 13.5.2014. | 20:32

Electrical outlets in the U.S. output between 100-120V, while many other countries output between 200-240V. Not all gadgets require a voltage converter, though—you may be able to get by with just a simple plug adapter.

A plug adapter (also known as travel adapter) will allow you to use your device without the need to convert electricity, but the charger has to be rated at both voltages. If your device doesn’t support dual voltages, you’ll need a converter. You can easily check the print on your charger to find out if it supports both voltages.

The plug for your charger should tell you if it’s able to work at both voltages. For example if it reads “Input: 100-240V AC.” That means I can use it in practically any country without a voltage adapter.

After you confirm that your device supports both voltages, you only need to find the proper adapter type for your trip.

For your information, the power adapters supplied with products from Chinavasion are specified to work on 110V and 240V systems. So whether you’re in the USA or Europe, or anywhere else, the mains adapters will work.
Regarding the plug types, the default is EU type, supplied with a choice of other Travel Plug Adapters for other countries

Author Dragan Berak 13.5.2014. | 20:32
Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

Let me tell You a sad story ! There are no comments yet, but You can be first one to comment this article.

Write a comment
View comments

Write a comment

Leave a Reply

Watch latest gadget videos

Chinavasion Video

action cam

Add Chinavasion on Facebook

Add Chinavasion on Google+