Powerful Third-party Download Manager for Chrome
Fruumo Download Manager is an extension that lets you manage and control all your downloads within Chrome without the need for any external download manager. Previously, we’ve covered Fruumo’s other handy extensions such as a Tab Manager and Fruumo Notifier, both of which were fairly awesome, and their download manager is equally impressive.
Fruumo sports a great looking interface that looks way better than the default Chrome Downloads UI. It’s also fairly easy to setup; simply install it via the link provided at the end of this post, and you’re all set. When installed, the extension adds its icon to the omnibar, so you may easily access your downloads. Once setup, you can click this button to access the extension’s settings. Here are some of the key features of Fruumo Download Manager.
- Pause, resume, stop, and remove downloads
- Set Download Filters using the ‘Create Filter’ option in the Settings page, which in turn automatically categorizes all new downloads into folders
- Desktop notifications for your download so you may know when a download finishes, even when Chrome is not currently active
- Multi-Download option that allows you to download more than one file from a single page without individually clicking each item
- Built-in search bar to easily find a particular item from a large list of downloads
- Image previews for downloads right on the Downloads page
Fruumo’s interface carries a sidebar on the left that lets you navigate between the Downloads, Multi-download, and Settings sections. While I’ve already mentioned what Multi-Downloads does, it’s worth explaining that you can also sort the list of available downloads n a page by file type. For instance, if a download page carries loads of PNG and JPG images and you only want to download the JPEG files from the bunch, simply mark JPG to hide everything else.