Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 will feature wireless charger
For once, something that Apple didn’t do first (although who knows, maybe the lawyers will say otherwise one day…) — Nokia’s new Lumia mobile phones 920 and 820 are going to have a wireless charger.
This is pretty cool, as we know that bending down to the floor and searching in a mass of cables to plug in the always-drained smartphone is basically too much effort. What is also good is that is is implemented quite straighforwardly via an inductive charging removable battery case/shell, which means that it will be well studied by Chinese factories and the functionality will probably be coming to cheaper unbranded cell phones from a wholesaler near you 😉
Chinavasion sells cell phone charger cases but we haven’t found anything good for wireless yet!
- Ultra-Thin Battery Power Pack Case for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 (1700 mAh)
- Slim Battery Case for Samsung Galaxy Note (3500mAh, Black)
- Protective Case with External Battery and Speaker Amplifier for iPhone 4/4s
- Extended Battery Power Pack Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 – 3500 mAh (Black)
- Slim iPhone Battery Case for iPhone 4 / 4S (1500mAh, White)
- Slim iPhone Battery Case for iPhone 4 / 4S (1500mAh, Black)
- Ultra-Thin Extended Battery Power Pack Case for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 (LED Indicator, 1000 mAh)
The Nokia marketing videos are of dubious quality and generally focus on the digital camera of the Lumia models, which is also something we hope Chinese smart phone manufacturers will invest more in.
More news via: